The transition from one stage in life, to a new and exciting stage.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rejection



So a lot has happened in the past couple days. I have received an out of this world offer from JHU, and my rejection from University of Illinois. I've been waiting for that rejection letter, I made some bad typos in my personal statement, to the point that I called them Stanford, so I wasn't upset.

I think the hardest part of this whole experience for me now is saying no. I'd be happy at any of the schools that I have been accepted to, though I do know which direction I am leaning, but I can only say yes to one of them. That means that two of the schools I have to say no to. I feel really bad trying to write my own rejection letters to schools. I wish there was some fail proof template that works for everybody, but alas, every situation is different.

But I still haven't heard from Stanford, I'm trying to decide if I should hold out and wait to hear from them, or just send my letters now.

I know that wherever I do decide to do I will be happy. I have a position in three different graduate schools currently, I cannot believe that I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to choose! Yes they tried me on for size, but now I get to make the final decision. I have to make it soon though, as to let some of the wait listed students in.

No comments:

Post a Comment